University Interscholastic League
UIL Academic Competition Prepares Students for the Future!
Preparation for College
- Competition develops higher-level thinking, organization of thoughts and information, and effective communication with others.
Training for Careers
- Numerous studies indicate that students who have been involved in extracurricular events have higher job success.
- Participation in extracurricular events builds a strong foundation for life-long learning and the development of social skills.
- Involvement in academic contests builds poise and assurance, as well as the ability to handle stressful conditions.
- Competition allows students to interact with others, establish lasting friendships and enjoy the thrill of learning.