FUTURE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
The purpose of HOSA is to promote career opportunities in health care and to prepare students to successfully pursue a health career.
HOSA provides a unique program of leadership development, motivation, and recognition exclusively for secondary, postsecondary, adult and collegiate students enrolled in health occupations education programs
HOSA members have the opportunity to participate and/or compete in area, state and national leadership conferences. Motivated students polish their skills and receive a sense of self accomplishment as well as recognition.
HOSA provides opportunities for the student to make a well informed career choice among the many health occupations, which in turn aides the students in making a more realistic career goal. Students who are exposed to the health field in high school also tend to understand the need to be flexible for inevitable career changes.
HOSA provides leadership development by developing character and promoting responsible citizenship. Students develop an understanding of current health care issues and an awareness of environmental concerns through competition and classroom academics.
AtCHS, membership in HOSA is open to all students in Health Science classes as well as students in Anatomy &Physiology, Pharmacy Tech, and Forensics.
WHY JOIN HOSA?
- HOSA members are eligible for additional scholarship opportunities.
- HOSA members have an opportunity to meet outstanding leaders in the health professions and attend educational seminars specific for HOSA members.
- HOSA helps students learn basic college survival skills such as time management and working with a group or team.
- HOSA activities are geared to help students build self-steem.
- HOSA activities give students opportunity to improve communication skills